Formerly at Antony Morris solicitors, Samantha Barker is a child law expert who makes a really great addition to our child care team.
- Samantha was admitted to the Law Society as a solicitor in 2003 and have specialised in family law ever since;
- is a long-standing member of Resolution upholding their code of conduct in my work every day;
- has in-depth knowledge and experience in children law;
- is passionate about representing those involved in Public Law matters (also known as Care Proceedings) as well as private law children matters where parents cannot agree on arrangements for their children pre or post-separation;
- also undertakes private divorce matters, and has been involved in some very complex Care Proceedings cases during her career including a matter where she was appointed 2nd Advocate to support Counsel due to the complexity of that matter;
- where possible Samantha will undertake the advocacy on her own cases and if unable to do so, she will ensure that a Barrister of the relevant experience is booked in plenty of time for the hearing;
- represents parents at Public Law Outline meetings (also known as Meeting Before Proceedings or Pre-Proceedings meetings) with Children’s Services;
- is professional and passionate about my client’s matters and always aims to get the best possible outcome for them.