We are specialist family solicitors in Brighton and Hove but our clients come from a wide range of areas, backgrounds and lifestyles.
We offer a discrete sensitive and cost-effective service for people going through difficult times.
We also represent ex-pats who are now living abroad. We will tailor our approach to meet your needs to achieve your goals and objectives.
Brighton and Hove Law was set up to provide a comprehensive family law practice that is accessible to all.
The ethos of the firm is to be proactive rather than reactive in dealing with cases.
- is committed to providing creative bespoke solutions for clients based on their individual needs and priorities;
- was formerly head of family law at Crosby Moore Solicitors in Hove and prior to that worked for Howlett Clarke solicitors;
- has achieved specialist Law Society Accreditation and specialises in family law issues;
- scheme members’ skills, knowledge and experience have been certified against Law Society standards;
- is a strong litigator and where appropriate conducts her own advocacy meaning a completely streamlined service for clients from beginning to end;
- has been listed in Chambers as an expert in her field for 8 consecutive years and competes with large London firms in respect of the level of expertise provided, this being accepted as the leading authority in the legal profession based on their objectivity and research methods.
Our office is based in Hove although we can arrange appointments for clients in offices in Worthing, London and the surrounding areas if necessary.
- enjoys representing clients with a wide range of Family Law issues;
- has a particular interest in working to resolve the financial disputes arising from relationship breakdown, whether divorce, civil partnership or cohabitation;
- regularly represents parents whose children are the subjects of Court applications brought by the Local Authority;
- acts for parents who are in dispute about the arrangements for their children post-separation;
- committed to achieving the best outcome with the minimum disruption for the family;
- great understanding of costs involved;
- friendly, professional, supportive and flexible.
- collaborative family lawyer and accredited mediator specialising in family law since 1993 at a range of large regional and smaller local firms;
- offers mediation (including MIAMs) with regard to all issues relating to both children and finances;
- committed to finding non-adversarial and cost-effective solutions to assist couples to come to mutual agreements which are practical for their families and which focus on the needs of any children who may be involved;
- part of a thriving local collaborative network which includes family lawyers, mediators, family consultants, financial advisers and therapists who all work together with the aim of reducing the distress which can arise when family arrangements change;
- recognises the need for clear and comprehensive advice at all stages of every case;
- acknowledges how stressful and daunting it can be for clients to understand and decide upon the best option for them to resolve their situation and will provide unbiased information about the range of family law options available and support clients through whichever process they decide is best for them;
- Sarah is a member of Resolution, Lawyers who Mediate, Brightpod, Sussex Family Solutions and accredited as a family mediator by The Law Society.
- is a widely respected family law solicitor with over eighteen years of experience and has recently joined Brighton and Hove Law;
- specialises in all aspects of family law including divorce and civil partnership disputes, financial matters, children arrangements, cohabitation disputes and domestic abuse;
- will always deal with matters with sensitivity and empathy and is committed towards achieving the best possible outcome for her clients;
- gives clear, informed advice to clients whilst supporting them through what can be a difficult and stressful time;
- is a long-standing member of Resolution and attempts to resolve matters where possible in a constructive and non-confrontational manner.
Michael Coleman – Solicitor Advocate
- has over thirty years’ experience acting for and advising private clients in Sussex;
- is widely acknowledged as an excellent draftsman of Wills and Probate documentation;
- is a good communicator with clients of all ages and is able to explain often complex, technical subjects in clear and accessible language;
- is a good problem solver taking a pragmatic attitude to negotiation and settlement;
- highly experienced at County Court and High Court matters. In contested matters marshalling a wealth of experience and giving advice in an incisive and analytical way;
- acts not just as a lawyer to clients but as a trusted adviser and he is proud to have represented local families down the generations.
- has been working in the legal sector since 1980 and has many years of experience as to what clients’ needs are and how best to meet them;
- in 2011 retrained and transferred to the Human Resources Department;
- in 2013 joined Brighton and Hove Law as Practice Manager with particular emphasis on taking care of the smooth running of the business, ensuring that clients’ needs are met and liaising with the accounts department;
- the solicitors and Julie work closely together to ensure that Brighton and Hove Law gives a professional service and the highest standard of care to all clients.
- is a Chartered Legal Executive with many years of experience and has recently joined Brighton and Hove Law;
- specialises in family law including divorce, children matters and domestic abuse;
- particular emphasis on Public Law matters, also known as care proceedings, where Social Services become involved with your family;
- experienced in representing vulnerable clients and young parents;
- represents parents at meetings before proceedings with Social Services;
- specialises in acting for parents in contact disputes concerning children, where one parent has made allegations about the other;
- deals with matters with sensitivity whilst supporting clients during what can be a difficult and stressful time.
We offer our services to the South East of London, East Sussex and West Sussex. At your service we:
- can be available for face to face, telephone and email advice out of office hours and over the weekend
- are committed to helping people within the community and provide free legal advice to people through other organisations such as CAB
- are actively involved with RISE and provide pro-bono advice to people who are experiencing domestic violence
- are committed to being environmentally responsible and will, out of preference, offer paperless communication wherever possible
Lucy Gregory has an unrivalled reputation for achieving excellent results for clients and we also have strong links with local barristers.
We are able to secure expert Counsel at competitive rates ensuring your matter is dealt with by the best possible people at all possible times.
To book a no-obligation, confidential, free initial consultation, or find out more information about how we can help you, please
telephone us on 01273 205 805
email us email@example.com
or if you prefer arrange a callback
(Out of office appointments available by prior arrangement)