We are specialist family solicitors in Brighton and Hove but our clients come from a wide range of areas, backgrounds and lifestyles.
We offer a discrete sensitive and cost-effective service for people going through difficult times.
We also represent ex-pats who are now living abroad. We will tailor our approach to meet your needs to achieve your goals and objectives.
Brighton and Hove Law was set up to provide a comprehensive family law practice that is accessible to all.
The ethos of the firm is to be proactive rather than reactive in dealing with cases.
- Lucy is committed to providing creative bespoke solutions for clients based on their individual needs and priorities;
- is currently head of department at a well respected Sussex firm;
- has achieved specialist Law Society Accreditation and specialises in family law issues;
- scheme members’ skills, knowledge, and experience have been certified against Law Society standards;
- is a strong litigator and where appropriate conducts her own advocacy meaning a completely streamlined service for clients from beginning to end;
- has been listed in Chambers as an expert in her field for 8 consecutive years and competes with large London firms in respect of the level of expertise provided, this being accepted as the leading authority in the legal profession based on their objectivity and research methods.
Lucy Gregory has an unrivaled reputation for achieving excellent results for clients and we also have strong links with local barristers.
Our office is based in Hove although we can arrange appointments for clients in offices in Worthing, London, and the surrounding areas if necessary.
- Jennifer is a very experienced family and child care lawyer, and was admitted as a solicitor in 2015;
- Jennifer is a “highly experienced advocate” for parents in care proceedings;
- enjoys representing clients with a wide range of Family Law issues;
- has a particular interest in working to resolve the financial disputes arising from relationship breakdown, whether divorce, civil partnership, or cohabitation;
- regularly represents parents whose children are the subjects of Court applications brought by the Local Authority;
- acts for parents who are in dispute about the arrangements for their children post-separation;
- committed to achieving the best outcome with the minimum disruption for the family;
- great understanding of costs involved;
- friendly, professional, supportive and flexible;
- Jennifer also carries out private divorce and matrimonial work.
- collaborative family lawyer and accredited mediator specialising in family law since 1993 at a range of large regional and smaller local firms;
- offers mediation (including MIAMs) with regard to all issues relating to both children and finances;
- committed to finding non-adversarial and cost-effective solutions to assist couples to come to mutual agreements which are practical for their families and which focus on the needs of any children who may be involved;
- part of a thriving local collaborative network which includes family lawyers, mediators, family consultants, financial advisers and therapists who all work together with the aim of reducing the distress which can arise when family arrangements change;
- recognises the need for clear and comprehensive advice at all stages of every case;
- acknowledges how stressful and daunting it can be for clients to understand and decide upon the best option for them to resolve their situation and will provide unbiased information about the range of family law options available and support clients through whichever process they decide is best for them;
- Sarah is a member of Resolution, Lawyers who Mediate, Brightpod, Sussex Family Solutions and accredited as a family mediator by The Law Society.
- is a widely respected family law solicitor with over eighteen years of experience and has recently joined Brighton and Hove Law;
- specialises in all aspects of family law including divorce and civil partnership disputes, financial matters, children arrangements, cohabitation disputes and domestic abuse;
- will always deal with matters with sensitivity and empathy and is committed towards achieving the best possible outcome for her clients;
- gives clear, informed advice to clients whilst supporting them through what can be a difficult and stressful time;
- is a long-standing member of Resolution and attempts to resolve matters where possible in a constructive and non-confrontational manner.
- has been working in the legal sector since 1980 and has many years of experience as to what clients’ needs are and how best to meet them;
- in 2013 joined Brighton and Hove Law as Practice Manager with particular emphasis on taking care of the smooth running of the business, ensuring that clients’ needs are met and liaising with the accounts department;
- the solicitors and Julie work closely together to ensure that Brighton and Hove Law gives a professional service and the highest standard of care to all clients.
- Sarah is a Chartered Legal Executive with many years of experience;
- specialises in family law including divorce, children matters and domestic abuse;
- is a very experienced child care legal executive having practised this area of law for over 15 years;
- Sarah is considered an expert in this field, in particular , cases where the local authority is alleging non accidental injury;
- particular emphasis on Public Law matters, also known as care proceedings, where Social Services become involved with your family;
- experienced in representing vulnerable clients and young parents;
- represents parents at meetings before proceedings with Social Services;
- specialises in acting for parents in contact disputes concerning children, where one parent has made allegations about the other;
- deals with matters with sensitivity whilst supporting clients during what can be a difficult and stressful time.
We offer our services to the South East of London, East Sussex, and West Sussex. At your service we:
- can be available for face to face, telephone, and email advice out of office hours and over the weekend;
- are committed to helping people within the community and provide free legal advice to people through other organisations such as CAB;
- are actively involved with RISE and provide pro-bono advice to people who are experiencing domestic violence;
- are committed to being environmentally responsible and will, out of preference, offer paperless communication wherever possible.
- Samantha was admitted to the Law Society as a solicitor in 2003 and has specialised in family law ever since;
- is a long-standing member of Resolution upholding their code of conduct in her work every day;
- has in-depth knowledge and experience in children law;
- is passionate about representing those involved in Public Law matters (also known as Care Proceedings) as well as private law children matters where parents cannot agree on arrangements for their children pre or post-separation;
- also undertakes private divorce matters, and has been involved in some very complex Care Proceedings cases during her career including a matter where she was appointed 2nd Advocate to support Counsel due to the complexity of that matter;
- where possible Samantha will undertake the advocacy on her own cases and if unable to do so, she will ensure that a Barrister of the relevant experience is booked in plenty of time for the hearing;
- represents parents at Public Law Outline meetings (also known as Meeting Before Proceedings or Pre-Proceedings meetings) with Children’s Services;
- is professional and passionate about her client’s matters and always aims to get the best possible outcome for them.
We are able to secure expert Counsel at competitive rates ensuring your matter is dealt with by the best possible people at all possible times.
To book a no-obligation, confidential, free initial consultation, or find out more information about how we can help you, please
telephone us on 01273 205 805
email us firstname.lastname@example.org
or if you prefer arrange a callback
(Out of office appointments available by prior arrangement)